Teaching Assistants: Amanda, Abbie & Zoe
We will remain in our 'Dragon Class bubble' for the day and will be regularly washing our hands and cleaning all touch points and facilities accessed throughout the day. Our Autumn Term topic is 'Entertainment' and we have planned a wide range of exciting lessons and activities.
Our start time is now 9:00am and our finish time is 3:10pm.
START AND END OF THE DAY ARRANGEMENTS
- Dragon Class will start school promptly at 9:00am.
- Dragon Class will finish school promptly at 3:10pm.
- The children in Dragon Class who are usually transported to and from school via bus will be travelling in class bubbles. Transport will contact parents and carers before school commences to notify them with collection and drop off times.
- Parents/Carers who transport their own children to school will be greeted by a member of staff within the school grounds at the side door in the rear car park at 9:00am and 3:10pm. Social distancing between adults and staff must be adhered to at all times. Parents/carers must stay outside of the school building.
WHOLE SCHOOL OPENING ARRANGEMENTS FROM 2ND SEPTEMBER 2020
- Attendance is mandatory. Parents and carers are expected to send their children to school unless they are ill.
- If you child, or a member of your household, shows any symptoms, they must not attend school and must isolate at home. Testing is available for staff and children who show symptoms and Heather can give you more information on this if you ring school.
- Please take your child's temperature each morning and do not send them to school if it is 37.8 or above.
- All classes will continue to be 'cocooned'. Dragon Class children and staff with remain in their own little bubble, in their class/outside area throughout most of the day.
- Initially, there will be no swimming, soft play, assemblies or out of school trips. We hope to resume these after October half term.
- Hand washing will occur regularly throughout the day.
- Regular cleaning of touch points, toys, tables, equipment etc will occur in an ongoing manner throughout the day.
- Where possible, resources will not be shared between classes.
- Social distancing will be followed as much as possible, though as you can appreciate, this will be more difficult in some classes than others.
- There will be hot school dinners available and they will be eaten in class.
At the moment, parents and carers are unable to come into our school building so any messages can be written in the children's orange 'Home School Books'. Please phone school if you require any further information or want to speak to a member of staff.
If essential, outside professionals e.g. physiotherapist, OT etc can come into school but it must be by appointments only.
01.09.20 - Staff Training Day (School Closed)
02.09.20 - School open for all children
18.09.20- Genes for Jeans Day
22.10.20 - Children finish for half term (Non-Uniform Day)
23.10.20 - Staff Training Day (School Closed)
02.11.20 - School open - All children return to school after half term
18.11.20 - Parents Evening
18.12.20 - End of term - Break up for Christmas Holidays
Mile a day track
Dragon class take part in mile a day every morning as another opportunity of Physical Education to raise their heart rate and energy levels. It allows the children to mentally prepare for the day ahead which helps not only helps with concentration but we also have lots of fun.
Science - Flower making
In science, we are learning about artful flowers. Here is some pictures of our children having lots of fun when making our own paper flowers.
Art - In art we have been learning about the work of Georgia O'keefe. We drew our own red poppy picture and coloured it in with oil pastels.
Design and Technology - In DT our topic is 'bread'. We have been learning about the different types and have tasted a variety of breads. We even made our own delicious loaf and banana muffin bread. It is lots of fun making and eating our own bread.
Happy Halloween from Dragon Class!
We have had a fantastic day celebrating Halloween with dancing, crafts games and party food. It was a great day to finish the term.