Speech and Language Therapy
Cheryl is our Speech and Language support worker at Springwell School. Cheryl works under the guidance of the NHS SALT and the class teachers.
Your child can be referred to work with Cheryl by classroom staff. Your child can be referred to the NHS SALT by school following a discussion with your child's class teacher.
What do we do?
- Cheryl works closely with classroom staff and other support staff across school.
- Speech and Language support – direct support in a 1:1 or group setting, indirect support through classroom staff to work towards SALT targets.
- Therapy goals are identified through SALT assessment and can be linked to your child’s IEP by the class teacher.
Communication with parents/carers
- Please phone school or come and visit us if you have any questions about your child’s speech, language and communication.
Communication with other professionals
- Our school team liaise with other professionals that may be working with your child e.g. NHS SALT, OT, physiotherapy, educational psychology.
- Cheryl will share information with classroom staff to be fed into your child's education, health and care plan or care-coordination as appropriate.
For a regularly updated Speech and Language page please go to the heading CHILDREN, then click on CLASS PAGE and you'll find pictures, videos and Makaton signs in the big yellow star at the bottom.