Welcome to Elephant Class!
Teaching Assistants: Rachel, Mel and Chloe
Elephant class staff are really looking forward to welcoming children back into school. We will be staying in our 'Elephant bubble' for the day and will be regularly washing hands and cleaning surfaces. Our Topic for the Autumn Term is 'Entertainment' and we have got lots of fun and interesting lessons planned.
Our start time is now 9:00am and our finish time is 3:10pm.
START AND END OF THE DAY ARRANGEMENTS
- Elephant Class will promptly start school at 9:00am.
- Elephant Class will finish school promptly at 3:10pm.
- The children in Elephant Class who are usually transported to and from school via bus will be travelling in class bubbles. Transport will be in touch with parents and carers before school commences to notify them with times of collection and drop offs.
- Parents and Carers who transport their children to school will be greeted by a member of staff within the school grounds at the side door in the rear car park at 9:00am and 3:10pm. Social distancing between adults and staff must be adhered to at all times. Parents/carers must stay outside of the school building.
WHOLE SCHOOL OPENING ARRANGEMENTS FROM 2ND SEPTEMBER 2020
- Attendance is mandatory. Parents and carers are expected to send their children to school unless they are ill.
- If you child, or a member of your household, shows any symptoms, they must not attend school and must isolate at home. Testing is available for staff and children who show symptoms and Heather can give you more information on this if you ring school.
- Please take your child's temperature each morning and do not send them to school if it is 37.8 or above.
- All classes will continue to be 'cocooned'. Elephant Class children and staff with remain in their own little bubble, in their class/outside area throughout most of the day.
- Initially, there will be no swimming, soft play, assemblies or out of school trips. We hope to resume these after October half term.
- Hand washing will occur regularly throughout the day.
- Regular cleaning of touch points, toys, tables, equipment etc will occur in an ongoing manner throughout the day.
- Where possible, resources will not be shared between classes.
- Social distancing will be followed as much as possible, though as you can appreciate, this will be more difficult in some classes than others.
- There will be hot school dinners available and they will be eaten in class.
At the moment, parents and carers are unable to come into our school building so any messages can be written in the children's orange 'Home School Books'. Please phone school if you require any further information or want to speak to a member of staff.
If essential, outside professionals e.g. physiotherapist, OT etc can come into school but it must be by appointments only.
01.09.20 - Staff Training Day (School Closed)
02.09.20 - School open for all children
18.09.20- Genes for Jeans Day
22.10.20 - Children finish for half term (Non-Uniform Day)
23.10.20 - Staff Training Day (School Closed)
02.11.20 - School open - All children return to school after half term
18.11.20 - Parents Evening
18.12.20 - End of term - Break up for Christmas Holidays