Welcome to Lion Class
Our teacher is called Jane and our teaching assistant are called Pam (HLTA), Emily, Sue, Susan and Vicky.
The children in Lion Class follow 'SPARKLE CURRICULUM' which is delivered in a multi-sensory, creative way which will enables pupils to access learning using their senses through a holistic approach. It has been designed for our pupils with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) who require specialised management for physical disabilities, sensory impairments and complex medical needs.
The SPARKLE CURRICULUM is:
· MOTIVATING Our pupils learn when they are interested, stimulated and engaged.
· RELEVANT It is relevant to the learning styles of the pupils and takes into account their prior knowledge and learning needs.
· CHALLENGING All teaching staff have high and realistic expectations of the pupils and with specialised, inclusive teaching — progress is evident.
· FOCUSED Shared targets from EHCP, Physiotherapists, OT, SALT etc. are central to the pupils provision.
Sparkle curriculum is predominantly made up of sensory themed learning and therapeutic activities. More time will be spent on more beneficial, holistic and individualised activities e.g. positioning in specialised equipment, visual stimulation, hand and finger work (exploration – sensory play), therapies (hydrotherapy, rebound therapy etc), movement, relaxation, Tac Pac, story massage etc.
- 01.09.20 - Staff Training Day (School Closed)
- 02.09.20 - School opens for all children
- 18.09.20 - Photograph Day
- 25.09.20 - Jeans for Genes Day
- 22.10.20 - Children finish for half term - Non-Uniform Day
- 23.10.20 - Staff Training Day (School Closed)
- 02.11.20 - School opens - All children return to school after half term break.
- 18.11.20 - Parents Evening
- 18.12.20 - End of Term - Christmas Holidays Commence
The staff in Lion Class are really looking forward to welcoming our children back into school. Our children are required to promptly start school at 8:40am and finish at 2:50pm.
Please read the information below.
WHOLE SCHOOL OPENING ARRANGEMENTS
FROM 2ND SEPTEMBER 2020
- Attendance is mandatory. Parents and carers are expected to send their children to school unless they are ill.
- If you child, or a member of your household, shows any symptoms, they must not attend school and must isolate at home. Testing is available for staff and children who show symptoms and Heather can give you more information on this if you ring school.
- Please take your child's temperature each morning and do not send them to school if it is 37.8 or above.
- All classes will continue to be 'cocooned'. Lion Class children and staff with remain in their own little bubble, in their class/outside area throughout most of the day.
- Initially, there will be no swimming, soft play, assemblies or out of school trips. We hope to resume these after October half term.
- Hand washing will occur regularly throughout the day.
- Regular cleaning of touch points, toys, tables, equipment etc will occur in an ongoing manner throughout the day.
- Where possible, resources will not be shared between classes.
- Social distancing will be followed as much as possible, though as you can appreciate, this will be more difficult in some classes than others.
- There will be hot school dinners available and they will be eaten in class.
At the moment, parents and carers are unable to come into our school building so any messages can be written in the children's orange 'Home School Books'. Please phone school if you require any further information or want to speak to a member of staff.
If essential, outside professionals e.g. physiotherapist, OT etc can come into school but it must be by appointments only.
START AND END OF THE DAY ARRANGEMENTS
- Lion Class will promptly start school at 8:40am.
- Lion Class will finish school promptly at 2:50pm.
- The children in Lion Class who are usually transported to and from school via bus will be travelling in their own class bubble in a bus of their own. Transport will be in touch with parents and carers before school commences to notify them with times of collection and drop offs.
- All children in Lion Class will enter and exit school using their own classroom (entrance/exit) side door.
- Parents and Carers who transport their children to school will be greeted by a member of staff within the school grounds at 8:40am and 2:50pm. Social distancing between adults and staff must be adhered to at all times. Parents/carers must stay outside of the school building.